10 Second Summary
- Open Google Chrome on your computer. The Chrome icon looks like a colored ball with a blue dot at the center. You can find it in your Applications folder on a Mac, or on the Start menu on Windows.
Go to the Chrome web store. Type chrome.google.com/webstore in your browser’s address bar, and hit ↵ Enter on your keyboard. The Chrome Web store will open up to the Extensions category.
Find the Hide Twitter Guff extension on the web store. You can use the search bar in the top-left corner, or browse the extensions library and manually find this extension on the store.
- If you prefer Firefox over Chrome, Hide Twitter Guff is also available as a Mozilla add-on.
- Click the blue + ADD TO CHROME button. You will have to confirm your action in a new pop-up window.
5. Click Add extension in the pop-up. This will install the Hide Twitter Guff extension, and add it to your browser. A bird icon will appear in the upper-right corner of your browser.
- Hide My Guff automatically blocks all ads and promoted Tweets whenever you’re viewing your Twitter feed on Chrome.
- If you switch to a different browser, you will see promoted Tweets on your feed again.
- If you currently have Twitter open in your browser, clicking this button will automatically open Hide My Guff’s settings page in a new tab.
- Hiding it will remove the Who To Follow box from the top-right corner of your feed.
- Hiding it will remove the Trends box from the left-hand side of your feed.
- You may have to refresh Twitter after saving your settings to see the changes.